Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Thousands of 4WDers have succesfully downloaded the 4WD Action Digital App on both Android tablets and iPad devices. However, like with any new technology, there will be the occasional issue with some devices. We've created this FAQ to answer the most common questions, but if you are still experiencing issues, please send us a private message with your contact details via our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/4WDAction and we'll respond ASAP.
Here's a list of common questions that you might have about 4WD Action Digital Mag and DVD, plus their answers.
Q: Why does my mag stop downloading or not download at all?
To fix this on an Apple device:
- Go to 'Settings' on your iPad
- Then in the 'General' tab there should be a setting called 'Auto-Lock'
- Change that setting to never
To fix this on an Android device:
- Go to 'Settings' on your device
- Then under 'Device' tap 'Display'
- There should be a setting called 'Screen timeout'
- Change that setting to 30 minutes just to be safe
Q: I purchased a mag from within the app but cannot see the DVD in my account online
- Please send an email to email@example.com with your username and a screenshot of your receipt from Apple or Google and he will get it fixed for you.
- Apple and Google have not been notifying our back end when a purchase is made from within the app and therefore our backend has been unable to grant access to the issues that are purchased from within the app. Which in short means the issues you purchase within the app are shown on your device but not in your online library which is where the DVD download links are.
- A solution for this is to purchase the digital mags through our online store - http://subs.emgcloud.net - where you can also purchase back issue DVDs and it will automatically update your account online and on your device. We are currently working with both Apple and Google to get this fixed.
Q: It says my device is not supported, why is that?
A: Currently, only Android and iPad tablets are supported - at this stage phones, hybrid phone/tablets (phablets like the Samsung Galaxy) and PCs cannot access 4WD Action Digital Mag. We'll be looking at this option in the future however.
Q: How do I download 4WD Action Digital Mag and DVD?
A: The first step is to purchase an issue or subscription at www.4wdaction.com.au/digital-mags. Before you pay, you'll be asked to sign up for an account - this is so we can recognise you and ensure you get the magazines and DVDs you've paid for. Pay for your purchase and then download the 4WD Action app through iTunes (iPad users) or Google Play (Android users). After you've succesfully downloaded the app with your tablet, open it and sign in with the same username and password as the ones you used to create the account, and your purchased issues will then appear to download.
Q: Why do I need a PC to download the DVD?
A: It all comes down to filesize. There are a couple of different options for accessing the DVDs - you can stream them straight to your tablet, but if you want to download them, you'll need to save them to a PC due to the large filesize. Most tablets are limited to 8, 16, or 32gb, so the best option is to download them to a PC, and then transfer them to a USB stick (Android) or sync via iTunes (iPad) as required.
Q: What does this mean for my current subscription?
A: We'll be contacting all of our current subscribers over the next fortnight to ask if they'd like to convert their print subscription to a digital subscription.
Q: If I subscribe or buy the print magazine, does this mean I automatically get the digital magazine?
A: Unfortunately not. We will be providing a way to covert to digital if that's what you prefer.
Q: I want to continue my print subscription, but does this mean I will be automatically transferred over to a digital subscription?
A: Not at all. If you'd prefer to continue receiving a print version of the magazine and DVD, then you don't have to do anything. You'll always have the choice of which version you'd like, whether it's print or digital.
Q: How big is each issue?
A: Each issue of the Digital Magazine is approximately 300-400mb and each issue of the DVD is up to 2gb depending on resolution selected. Please ensure that you've got enough space on your tablet to allow the issue to download, but if you run into problems, don't worry - just send us a private message on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/4WDAction and we'll get to it ASAP.
Q: I've purchased an issue/subscription but my download has failed - what can I do about it?
A: Please send us a private message on our Facebook page, at www.facebook.com/4WDAction and we'll respond ASAP with a solution.